Select two speakers:
MartinLogan Motion 15i vs. Polk Audio HTS 12
MartinLogan Motion 15i Bookshelf Speaker
A midsized rear-ported bookshelf, featuring a 5.25” low-frequency transducer and a folded motion high frequency transducer, which MartinLogan claims replicates much of the performance of their high-end elecrostatic speakers. May need to be paired with a subwoofer if sub-60Hz bass is a priority.
Polk Audio HTS 12 Powered Subwoofer
A very good, well-balanced subwoofer for the price. As is the case with most 12” subs, it may not fill the largest of rooms, but it can be turned up loud with very little distortion due in part to Polk’s patented ”power port.”
- The front face of the Polk Audio HTS 12 is approximately 308.80% larger than that of the MartinLogan Motion 15i.
- The depth of the Polk Audio HTS 12 is approximately 90.63% deeper than that of the MartinLogan Motion 15i.
- The spatial volume of the Polk Audio HTS 12 Powered Subwoofer is approximately 679.31% greater than that of the MartinLogan Motion 15i Bookshelf Speaker.
Please Note: the above comparisons are based on the dimensions of a bounding rectangle that would fit the front face of a speaker. In the case of volume, the comparisons are based on a bounding box that would enclose the speaker entirely. These measurements do not take into account variations in the speaker shape, such as curves, diagonal edges, or cutaways. These measurements cannot be relied upon to measure the internal volume of the speaker.
Our website will allow you to compare the sizes of bookshelf, satellite, tower, and center channel speakers and subwoofers for audiophile and home theater usage. We will keep adding new speakers in response to user feedback. For your convenience, we have also put together a list of links to speaker review sites and more information for each model. If you know of any equipment you would like to see featured on SpeakerSize.com, let us know.
- MartinLogan Motion 15i Bookshelf Speaker vs. other speakers
- Polk Audio HTS 12 Powered Subwoofer vs. other speakers