Select two speakers:
MartinLogan Motion 15i vs. MartinLogan Motion 40i
MartinLogan Motion 15i Bookshelf Speaker
A midsized rear-ported bookshelf, featuring a 5.25” low-frequency transducer and a folded motion high frequency transducer, which MartinLogan claims replicates much of the performance of their high-end elecrostatic speakers. May need to be paired with a subwoofer if sub-60Hz bass is a priority.
MartinLogan Motion 40i Tower Speaker
The 40XTi fills the mid-sized slot of the three tower models in MartinLogan's Motion i series. This is still a fairly large speaker, with dual woofers and a frequency response down to 40Hz. Could be used standalone in a music setup, or with a subwoofer in a home theater to eke out every last bit of LFE information.
- The front face of the MartinLogan Motion 40i is approximately 316.67% larger than that of the MartinLogan Motion 15i.
- The depth of the MartinLogan Motion 40i is approximately 34.74% deeper than that of the MartinLogan Motion 15i.
- The spatial volume of the MartinLogan Motion 40i Tower Speaker is approximately 461.40% greater than that of the MartinLogan Motion 15i Bookshelf Speaker.
Notice: the above comparisons are based on the dimensions of a bounding rectangle that would fit the front face of a speaker, or in the case of volume, the measurements are based on a bounding cube that would fit the entire speaker. The measurements will not factor in individual differences such as curves or other variations in the speaker shape. Do not use these measurements as an estimate of the internal speaker volume.
SpeakerSize.com is a website that lets you compare the relative size of bookshelf, tower, and center channel audiophile and home theater speakers. We are continuously adding new speakers based on user feedback. Also, please check out our list of review links below each speaker. If you have any equipment you want to see added here, please contact us.
- MartinLogan Motion 15i Bookshelf Speaker vs. other speakers
- MartinLogan Motion 40i Tower Speaker vs. other speakers