Select two speakers:
ELAC Uni-fi UB5 vs. MartinLogan Motion 2i
ELAC Uni-fi UB5 Bookshelf Speakers
The ”Uni-fi” in this speaker’s name comes from its unique driver arrangement. Using a design commonly associated with KEF, ELAC uses a concentric driver that places a 1” soft dome tweeter in the middle of a 4” midrange cone driver. This allows high and midrange sounds to reach your ears at exactly the same time, for a superior soundstage and imaging.
MartinLogan Motion 2i Bookshelf Speakers
Like their larger siblings, the Motion 4i’s, the MartinLogan 2i speakers feature the company’s legendary electrostatic tweeter technology, and is often used in surround systems. They can be used as small bookshelf speakers and excel at surround channels as well.
- The front face of the ELAC Uni-fi UB5 is approximately 116.38% larger than that of the MartinLogan Motion 2i.
- The depth of the ELAC Uni-fi UB5 is approximately 164.95% deeper than that of the MartinLogan Motion 2i.
- The spatial volume of the ELAC Uni-fi UB5 is approximately 473.29% greater than that of the MartinLogan Motion 2i.
Note: the above comparisons are based on the dimensions of a bounding rectangle that would fit the front face of a speaker, or in the case of volume, measurements are based on a box that would fit the entire speaker. The measurements will not factor in individual differences such as curves or other variations in the speaker shape. Do not use these measurements as an estimate of the internal speaker volume.
SpeakerSize.com is a website that lets you compare the relative size of bookshelf, tower, and center channel audiophile and home theater speakers. We are continuously adding new speakers based on user feedback. We have also compiled a list of review sites for each speaker. If you have a speaker you want to see added on our site, please let me know.
- ELAC Uni-fi UB5 Bookshelf Speakers vs. other speakers
- MartinLogan Motion 2i Bookshelf Speakers vs. other speakers