Select two speakers:
ELAC Uni-fi UB5 vs. Edifier R1280T
ELAC Uni-fi UB5 Bookshelf Speakers
The ”Uni-fi” in this speaker’s name comes from its unique driver arrangement. Using a design commonly associated with KEF, ELAC uses a concentric driver that places a 1” soft dome tweeter in the middle of a 4” midrange cone driver. This allows high and midrange sounds to reach your ears at exactly the same time, for a superior soundstage and imaging.
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Known for a surprisingly balanced, well-rounded sound in a powered desktop package, with notable warmth and clarity. The Edifier R1280T uses an internal Class-D amplifier, includes adjustable bass and treble knobs, a wood-grain case, and remote.
- The front face of the ELAC Uni-fi UB5 is approximately 86.18% larger than that of the Edifier R1280T.
- The depth of the ELAC Uni-fi UB5 is approximately 74.11% deeper than that of the Edifier R1280T.
- The spatial volume of the ELAC Uni-fi UB5 is approximately 224.15% greater than that of the Edifier R1280T.
Notice: the above comparisons are based on the dimensions of a bounding rectangle that would fit the front face of a speaker, or in the case of volume, the measurements are based on a box that would fit the entire speaker. The measurements will not factor in individual differences such as curves or other variations in the speaker shape. Do not use these measurements as an estimate of the internal speaker volume.
SpeakerSize.com is a website that lets you compare the relative size of bookshelf, tower, and center channel audiophile and home theater speakers. We are continuously adding new speakers based on user feedback. Also, please check out our list of review links below each speaker. If you have a speaker you want to see added here, please let me know.
- ELAC Uni-fi UB5 Bookshelf Speakers vs. other speakers
- Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers vs. other speakers