Select two speakers:
Edifier R1280T vs. Sony SSCS5
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Known for a surprisingly balanced, well-rounded sound in a powered desktop package, with notable warmth and clarity. The Edifier R1280T uses an internal Class-D amplifier, includes adjustable bass and treble knobs, a wood-grain case, and remote.
Sony SS-CS5 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers
A 3-way system is unusual in the bookshelf form factor, but Sony eschews the traditional woofer, midrange, and tweeter design for a woofer, tweeter, and ”super-tweeter” in the SS-CS5. Known for their clarity, but the high-end may be too bright for some.
- The front face of the Sony SSCS5 is approximately 72.83% larger than that of the Edifier R1280T.
- The depth of the Sony SSCS5 is approximately 25.00% deeper than that of the Edifier R1280T.
- The spatial volume of the Sony SS-CS5 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers is approximately 116.03% greater than that of the Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers.
Note: the above comparisons are based on the dimensions of a bounding rectangle that would fit the front face of a speaker, or in the case of volume, measurements are based on a bounding cube that would fit the entire speaker. The measurements will not factor in individual differences such as curves or other variations in the speaker shape. Do not use these measurements as an estimate of the internal speaker volume.
SpeakerSize.com is a website that lets you compare the relative size of bookshelf, tower, and center channel audiophile and home theater speakers. We are continuously adding new speakers based on user feedback. We have also compiled a list of review sites for each speaker. If you have any speakers you want to see added on our site, please contact us.
- Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers vs. other speakers
- Sony SS-CS5 3-Way Bookshelf Speakers vs. other speakers