Select two speakers:
Edifier R1280T vs. MartinLogan Motion 8i
Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Known for a surprisingly balanced, well-rounded sound in a powered desktop package, with notable warmth and clarity. The Edifier R1280T uses an internal Class-D amplifier, includes adjustable bass and treble knobs, a wood-grain case, and remote.
MartinLogan Motion 8i Center Channel Speaker
A larger version of the MartinLogan 6i, the 8i retains its smaller sibling’s versatility, but with larger 4” drivers, it claims improved bass response. With a low-end response of 70hz, these are ideal for perfectly matched Left, Right, and Center channels in tandem with a subwoofer.
- The front face of the MartinLogan Motion 8i is approximately 125.54% larger than that of the Edifier R1280T.
- The depth of the Edifier R1280T is approximately 34.62% deeper than that of the MartinLogan Motion 8i.
- The spatial volume of the MartinLogan Motion 8i Center Channel Speaker is approximately 67.54% greater than that of the Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers.
Note: the above comparisons are based on the dimensions of a bounding rectangle that would fit the front face of a speaker, or in the case of volume, measurements are based on a box that would fit the entire speaker. The measurements will not factor in individual differences such as curves or other variations in the speaker shape. Do not use these measurements as an estimate of the internal speaker volume.
SpeakerSize.com is a website that lets you compare the relative size of bookshelf, tower, and center channel audiophile and home theater speakers. We are continuously adding new speakers based on user feedback. We have also compiled a list of review sites for each speaker. If you have any equipment you want to see added on our site, please let me know.
- Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers vs. other speakers
- MartinLogan Motion 8i Center Channel Speaker vs. other speakers